The UK Sports Cars Showroom
1966 VW Split Screen – LHD – Fully Restored to an incredible standard! Thousands upon Thousands Spent.
Perhaps one of the best Split Screen Vans on the market right now, this van took over 5 years to build/restore and has had thousands upon thousands spent on it. No expense has been spared whatsoever and every part replaced has been of the highest quality. Featured in ‘Volksworld Magazine’ November 2012.
Registration – PYY456D
Fully HPI Clear.
This bus was originally supplied to Morocco and was later imported into Spain. The bus has been registered in the UK now for a number of years and has since undergone a full nut and bolt restoration.
Obviously starting with a very dry import the van hardly had any rust. The only part wearing slightly thin was the cargo floor, which has been completely replaced, and work completed to a show quality standard. The van was stripped to bare shell to be completely re-built. Every nut, bolt, washer, gasket, wire has been replaced with new.
The van sits very low and looks incredible from every angle! Wheel arches tubbed and steering box raised for ground clearance. Custom front beam bolted from inside chassis.
The underneath is ‘as new’ and has been rust treated, Zinc Oxide Primed and grey stone guarded to last for many years to come.
- ‘Remtec’ re-conditioned engine with only 15,000 Miles running on twin carbs.
- 1300 Beetle Gearbox.
- Up rated brakes all round fitted with a twin circuit master cylinder. As you can imagine the van drives incredibly well and far superior to any of the more standard Split Screens you see.
- The van has recently been serviced including New Oil, Strainer, Spark Plugs, Leads, Distributor Cap, Rotar Arm,
- Full MOT.
- Road Tax fee exempt!
- Full Professional Re Spray completed in March 2013 in VW Turquoise / VW Pastel White. As you can imagine there is not a single blemish or imperfection on the paintwork. It also goes without saying that there is not even a spec of surface rust to be found anywhere on this van.
- American Spec Bumpers painted in matching VW Pastel White.
- New Triple Chrome VW Front Badge fitted.
- New Original Style Washer Jets fitted.
- Full Photographic record of re-spray from start to finish.
- I have chosen to keep original spec steel wheels on as I think they suit the van best. Wheels have just been painted in VW Pastel White to match the rest of the white on the car.
- Brand New ‘Triple Chrome’ hubcaps supplied by Alan Schoffield. (These will not pit or rust like the cheap repros)
- New tyres all round with white walls fitted.
- ‘Creative Engineering’ Safari Front pop out windows. Brand new and fitted March 2013. Professionally fitted and water tight.
- ‘Creative Engineering’ Pop out window frames fitted all round. Brand new and fitted March 2013.
- Every single window rubber/seal has been replaced with new and of the highest quality.
- All window frames freshly painted in VW Pastel White to match the rest of the van.
- The van has been fitted with more of a day style interior although can adapt perfectly well for camping if required.
- Chequered flooring front and rear.
- The floor can be raised to form a rear bed, which is straightforward to do. The cushions have all been covered in Grey vinyl with white piping throughout the van.
High Performance Head unit with flip out touch screen that will run CD’s , IPod / Iphone connection with song display on monitor and will also plays DVD’s which are viewed off the 7’’ LCD monitor fitted neatly into the headlining area. All wires have been discreetly tucked and hidden away.
Front and rear speakers have been fitted underneath interior trim pieces as to be hidden from sight.