The UK Sports Cars Showroom
1967 VW Split Screen Camper Van. Factory Right Hand Drive. German Built. Dormobile Pop Top Roof. Subject to full and comprehensive restoration completed January 2024 and high end custom interior.
A rare opportunity indeed to acquire a very special bus. This is the ultimate specification VW Split Screen being a factory Right Hand Drive model ideal for the UK market and a 1967 model., the last year of production in Germany for the T1 bus.
A thorough restoration has been carried out orchestrated by the previous owner which involved a bare metal strip down and many thousands spent on new panels from Klassic fab, a renowned company offering panels with superior fitment and better quality that come with a higher price tag to others. The bus has been prepared and repainted in stunning period correct colours Turkis Green / Pastelweiss.
This bus also boasts the iconic and highly sought after Dormobile side elevating roof designed by Martin Walter. No expense was spared throughout this restoration and the bus travelled all the way to Dormobile themselves for the full roof fitment to ensure that the quality of the fit was spot on.
Top of the range specification was installed including the new roof cap, canopy, glass, seals and even two fold out bunk beds for upstairs sleeping arrangements suitable for children or small adults. Naturally as expected the roof fitment is superb and looks like it has just rolled off the production line having not been used.
Mechanically the bus has been upgraded in virtually every department enhancing performance and safety more in line with modern roads. Enormous specification including Creative Engineering disc brakes at the front, Transporter Haus rear adjustable arms, 1641cc fully reconditioned engine, Full flow with remote oil filter and concept racing oil cooler with fan, Twin 34ict Carburettors, 123 ignition, Vintage Volkshaus style performance exhaust system, Air cooled electrical loom, modern fuse box, Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) gearbox and rear end.
The previous owner was very much obliged to build a bus suitable for this era whilst still being very careful to retain the classic and globally recognised exterior aesthetics and appearance, as after all that is what draws people to love these buses so much in the first instance.
Retaining the original 15’’ steel alloys with polished hub caps came as an essential style choice. The bus has also been upgraded with opening windows all round from Creative engineering including front and rear Safaris and 6x side opening pop outs, all in polished stainless. This alone is a considerable expense and high spec option.
The bus has been in our workshop and we have built and installed one of our bespoke interiors. Our interiors are built to a very high specification and each one individually designed and built utilising the highest quality components. We felt as though the vehicle was owed this final piece of the puzzle so that its ready to go to the new owner(s) as the very first to enjoy its luxuries.
Interior spec comprises of:
- Luxurious Amtico Flooring with premier chrome inlays offering a unique opulent show piece as soon as you enter the bus.
- Detachable / Pedestal island table
- Full width Rock n Roll Bed. The best available on the market.
- Flip down rear facing buddy seat to match with 2’’ matching seat cushion.
- Brand new upholstery throughout in two tone beige / cream vinyl with fluted embellishments on various panels.
- Brand new headliner in original style perforated off white vinyl finished neatly around all window apertures down to waist line.
- Main bespoke cabinetry finished in light grey laminate featuring side facing unit to house appliances. Built by a very skilled joiner to offer a unique feel to the inside of this bus.
- Waeco CRX50 Fridge with flush mount surround frame.
- CAN SRL Sink / Double Gas burner unit.
- All appliances the best available tried and tested products.
- Worktops and table finished in black woodgrain and curved Devon edging trim to retain a retro feel inside.
- Curved matching laminate bed skirting board to sit flush with frame.
- All joinery built with raised and recessed plinth section to house ambient RGBW colour changing LED strip lighting. Controllable by remote all different colours. This offers not only a great statement when entering the bus but additional lighting.
- Curtain tracks all round and new delicately themed curtain set black out lined with popper tie backs. Matching and similar themed cushions also.
- Retrofitted 3-point harnesses / seatbelts in the front. 2-point lap belt in the middle. Rears can be fitted also at additional cost if required.
Comes freshly serviced, checked over and with 12 months MOT even though no longer required by law for added peace of mind. Road tax fee exempt. Nationwide / Worldwide delivery available. Please contact us for further details.