The UK Sports Cars Showroom
1967 VW Split Screen Camper Van – Right Hand Drive – Fully Restored to massive specification with a unique camping interior
An absolutely stunning bus with a magnificent specification. This bus has undergone an extensive restoration involving the shell being stripped right back of all components. Any required metal work has then been carried out before the entire shell was primed and repainted in stunning Fjord blue / pearlescent white.
This is a proper restoration that involved the entire shell being painted inside and out including the underside where you can see the matching quality of the metal work to the top half as opposed to heavy black underseal.
The mechanical setup on this bus is what we consider to be the ‘ultimate specification’ for those who wish to use a bus on a regular basis with reliability in mind and improved performance in all departments.
- Type 1 engine bored to 2.0L Specification complete with Twin Carburettors and a Porsche cooling fan setup for optimum performance. Recently tuned and Dyno tested at 110BHP & complete with new CSP exhaust system.
- Independent Rear Suspension (replacing the original setup allowing for improved ride quality at the rear).
- Disc brake conversion for improved braking performance.
- New Complete 12V Wiring Loom.
- 15’’ Chrome Radar Wheels + Low Profile Tyres.
- Rack & Pinion steering setup replacing the original ‘wandering’ steering box.
- Banjo Steering Wheel.
Once the bus had been put back together with all new components it was then time for a bespoke built interior to be installed. We are very impressed with this interior layout, which features the following;
- ¾ width Rock n’ roll bed (essentially a two person rear seat that folds down to make a large bed).
- Bespoke long side cabinet housing a sink / double gas burner unit.
- Large Dometic fridge / freezer unit.
- Drop down Television complete with a satellite link up.
- Retrosounds Radio + separate amp + speakers in the rear (this is a specifically designed radio for a split screen bus manufactured to look period but with iPhone connectivity, FM radio etc.)
- Bespoke buddy seat unit facing the rear, which lifts up to reveal a discreet Portable toilet unit.
- 12V lighting built into the wood headliner with chrome switches,
- 12V leisure power with split charge relay system keeping you charged as you drive along.
- Table and chrome pedestal leg setup.
- Ample storage space in cupboards and underneath bed frame.
- Tinted privacy glass.
- Drop down curtains throughout
No stone has been left unturned with the restoration of this vehicle; the cost of restoring a vehicle to this level exceeds the asking price significantly and also means you do not have to wait years before you can actually enjoy it.