The UK Sports Cars Showroom
1967 VW Split Screen Camper Van. Ultra Rare Factory Right Hand Drive ’13 Window Deluxe’ + Factory Sliding Door. Fully Restored. Brand New High Spec Camping Interior.
One of the rarest combinations in existence. Finding a German Built & factory supplied Right Hand Drive bus is difficult enough at the best of times but a genuine Right Hand Drive 13 window Deluxe bus with the rare sliding cargo side door is an absolute one off. Perhaps the only one in this exact combination left in existence! The ’13 Window Deluxe’ model was offered from VW as an upgrade from the standard Microbus and featured two additional side windows, the deluxe belt line trim around the swage line of the vehicle and a Kienzle clock in the dashboard. Highly desirable and sought after amongst VW enthusiasts and a big bonus if considering purchasing one of these vehicles from an investment perspective.
This is a 1967 bus, the last year of production of the VW T1 ‘Split Screen’ in Germany before the T2 ‘Bay Window’ was introduced. The 1967 buses had many one year only features and was at the pinnacle of its design.
This previous owner of this vehicle has meticulously cared for the vehicle throughout his ownership and the bus has undergone a major restoration including a full repaint in a popular and year correct VW Colour, ‘Dove Blue’.
The bus boasts a reconditioned gearbox and 1600TP engine that starts on the button and runs exactly how an air-cooled motor should. The brakes have been upgraded to dual circuit and the majority of the main mechanical components are stock, having not been overly modified or messed with. The bus will come with 12 months MOT, even though no longer required by law providing a third party independent inspection to back up our description.
We decided to go all out on this bus with no expense spared and have fitted one of our bespoke interiors to a very high specification. Some of the specification includes;
- High Gloss laminate flooring in Finnish grey. Complete with polished edging trim and backed with hard ply flooring for durability.
- Bespoke built rear facing cabinet to house appliances listed and to feature a twin rear facing seating arrangement. Cabinet made using light weight and strong materials and veneered in oak. Complete with gloss white laminate worktop and edged with period Devon trim and insert to retain a 1960s feel whilst boasting modern components.
- Rusty Lee Full Width Rock n’ Roll Bed with powder coated finish and custom welded uprights to store table when not in use. (Best bed frames on the market by a long shot).
- Curved skirting board to sit flush with bed frame finished in matching oak veneer. Rebated pocket for table leg to stow and also recessed plinth style base to house custom low level LED lighting kit.
- Bespoke table in high gloss white laminate to match worktop edged with Devon trim and matching insert. Island / Pedestal style setup with chrome leg that can easily be removed and stowed away neatly behind bed frame when not in use.
- Waeco CRX50 Fridge with flush mount surround frame. MPS35 Adapter for automatic switch over from 12V to mains when connected at camp sites etc. These are the absolute best camping fridges on the market!
- Dometic twin gas burner installed with flip up glass lid. Perfect for light cooking / boiling a kettle.
- 12V Leisure Battery with battery isolator & high quality split charge relay system to allow both batteries to be charged when engine is running.
- 240V mains hookup system with inlet socket in engine bay. Consumer unit underneath bed frame and 2X 13a sockets.
- 12V USB sockets in rear for phone charging etc.
- Bespoke headliner in cream vinyl with blue vinyl sections resplendent with exterior paing colour.
- Full reupholstery throughout in two tone grey / cream vinyl with matching piping and fluted inserts on bed cushions, rear facing cushions, front seats and door cards.
- Custom RGBW colour LED lighting system overhead and underneath cabinet and bed skirting board plinth for ambient lighting throughout interior of vehicle. This is a high quality system with a colour change remote. Works wonderfully and gives for a lovely feel inside of the bus.
Please note that this interior is brand new and built / installed by our team at UK Sports Cars at great expense and a vast amount of work hours! We specialise in the bespoke interior builds on these vehicles and are happy to amend / modify any of the items to suit your exact preference. Curtains can also be added and have purposely been left off to allow the new owner to choose their preference. Be the absolute first to use this new interior and vehicle and buy today to avoid our long waiting list for buses built to order!