The UK Sports Cars Showroom
1970 VW T2 Bay Window Camper Van. Fully restored. New Engine. Brand New Bespoke Camping Interior.
A unique opportunity to own one of our fully restored VW T2 Bay Windows that is ready to go with the turn of a key. We are currently running a 12 months+ lead time if you want to purchase one of our buses so this represents a one off chance to avoid the wait and buy this bus today to enjoy this season.
This stunning T2 Bay Window has undergone a full restoration including being stripped down, primed and fully repainted in early VW Powder Blue. The top half is also Blue paint but has been carefully wrapped in white vinyl not only to protect the paint underneath but to allow the distinctive two tone colour scheme. This works very well and certainly looks the part.
Fully reconditioned 1641cc Twin Port engine installed with uprated ancillaries and brand new alternator conversion less than 500 miles ago. Starts on the turn of a key and pulls incredibly well throughout all of the gears with a smooth and positive transmission.
This bus has been fitted with a brand new bespoke camping interior by ourselves to the highest specification at great expense. Please note that this bus is fully loaded and work completed to the highest possible standard. Everything you see is built to order in our joinery and all the appliances are of the best available quality.
Interior Specification Includes
- Hardwood ply backed flooring with high gloss silver oak laminate. Finished neatly with Ali edging trim
- Bespoke cabinet featuring 2/3 rear facing seating and 1/3 high top section on opposite end. Cabinet built using lightweight materials and veneered in oak. Complete with cream laminate worktop featuring the original style curved Devon edging trim and matching insert giving the interior a modern look with a retro twist.
- Bespoke matching table in cream laminate with curved Devon edging trim and insert. Island style chrome pedestal leg setup.
- Full width Rusty Lee Rock n’ Roll bed in powder coated cream. The best available bed on the market and with custom welded uprights on the back to stow away the table when not in use
- Full reupholstery of entire vehicle in stunning Mystic White vinyl resplendent with pale blue piping to include fluted inserts on cab door cards, sliding door cards, bed cushion set, rear facing cushions and front seats.
- Bespoke curved oak veneered bed skirting board built to sit flush with the bed frame and incorporated a recessed pocket to allow the table leg to be stowed when not in use
- Waeco CRX50 Fridge unit with flush mount frame kit incorporated into the main cabinet. Again, the best available camper van fridge on the market at a cost of over £600 alone.
- Smev Double gas burner unit for light cooking and kettle boiling.
- Camping Gaz907 Refill Only connected with gas bottle regulator, gas escape vent and all associated connections
- Bespoke headliner in perforated off white vinyl to include joining strips neatly finished with original style stainless screws and cup washers
- Custom RGBW (Coloured) LED kit incorporated into rebated section on main cabinet and bed skirting board for ambient lighting effect throughout vehicle. Controllable via wireless remote. This feature alone was an incredibly time consuming extra and really gives a unique feel inside the vehicle.
- Additional overhead LED lights in headliner.
- Seat belt configuration to include 3 point harnesses either side on front and a 2 point lap belt front middle. Rear seat belts to include 3 point harnesses either side on Rock n’ Roll bed with a further 2 point lap belt in the middle. Finally two additional 2 point lap belts with custom extension brackets on rear facing seats to give a total of 8 seat belts throughout the vehicle. All original style Wolfsburg West Grey / Chrome buckle.
- Full curtain track set including full set of custom camper curtains in powder blue / white stripes. Black out lined with popper tie backs.
- Brand new Madmatz carpet set in Biscuit weave fabric with powder blue edging
- Cab mounted hand held fire extinguisher.