The UK Sports Cars Showroom
1973 VW Bay Window Camper Van. Factory German Built. Right Hand Drive. Pop Top Roof. Fully Restored. Brand New Interior.
The first bus we have had a chance to finish and advertise for months. All of our stock included several buses that hadn’t been advertised yet have all sold!
Absolutely superb in every department from start to finish. This bus has been owned locally to us for the majority of its life in South East Kent. Having recently undergone a full strip down restoration. The bus was stripped right back to expose any areas of rust indicative of the age of the vehicle. All necessary panels have been professionally replaced before the bus was carefully primed and repainted in Pastel White inside and out. The finish of the bus is excellent and the entire shell has been painted throughout including all of the inside and engine bay. This is always the hallmark of a thorough and professional restoration that has been carried out in detail. It is very rare to find a T2 Bay Window that has had a restoration carried out in this thorough detail.
Reconditioned 1600TP engine running on dual carburettors. Superb power delivery and good gear selection. Mechanically checked over and comes with 12 months MOT even though no longer required by law for added peace of mind. Porsche ‘Fuch’ style polished stainless wheels. Custom Walnut rimmed steering wheel with polished stainless spokes.
Bus comes with its original ‘Birth Certificate’ of provenance from the Stiftung Auto museum confirming from its VIN number the vehicles full authenticity from new as a factory Right Hand Drive vehicle built in April 1973. Overall one of the best buses you are ever likely to find if you are looking for a classic VW Camper and viewing is highly encouraged.
Brand new High Specification interior built and installed exclusively by us at UK Sports Cars to include the following.
- Reinforced flooring with chequered red / white lino overlay. Finished neatly with an aluminium edging trim by the sliding door.
- Bespoke cabinet built using high quality lightweight materials and finished in oak veneer housed behind the drivers bulkhead. Cabinet worktop in off white high gloss laminate finished neatly with period Devon edging trim keeping a retro feel to a modern finish.
- Cabinet to house a Waeco CRX50 with a flush mounted frame kit for a slick finish. Please note these fridges are very expensive and simply the best camping fridge on the market by a long margin in our professional opinion.
- Offset SMEV sink / single gas burner unit housed in worktop with all associated plumbing neatly installed inside cabinet. Ideal for kettles to be boiled easily and cups to be washed etc.
- 240V mains hookup kit installed with consumer unit underneath rock n’ roll bed. 2X13a sockets installed. 1X in cabinet for fridge and 1X polished chrome socket installed in bed skirting board.
- MPS35 Adapter to allow the fridge to run off 12V and to automatically switch over to 240V operation when connected to mains hookup.
- 12V Leisure Battery & high quality split charge relay system to allow alternator to keep both batteries charged whilst engine is running.
- 12V electrical system throughout including USB charging points etc.
- Full width Rusty Lee rock n’ roll bed (Best available bed on the market!) in powder coated grey supplied and installed.
- Bespoke table finished to match worktop in high gloss off white laminate finished with Devon edging trim + cream insert. Chrome island style pedestal setup for table to allow it to be removed for additional space when not in use. Bed built to a specific size to allow it to be stowed neatly behind bed frame when not in use.
- Bespoke curved skirting board to sit flush with bed frame and to match cabinet in oak veneer. Featuring recessed pocket for chrome table leg to sit in when not in use.
- New upholstery throughout in cherry red vinyl resplendent with off white piping and stitching. Front seats, full door card set & bed cushions all upholstered to match. Bed cushions upholstered using dense high quality foam for additional comfort.
- Sound Insulation pack to include Silent Coat insulation throughout vehicle including underneath bed frame and cushions to retain plenty of warmth inside of vehicle.
- Brand new pop top roof canopy in polka dot red installed.
- Brand new full curtain track set and matching polka dot curtains, tie backs and matching polka dot cushions.
- Bespoke headliner professionally installed in factory off white perforated vinyl to be in keeping with the buses age. Custom made to fit around the roof aperture with matching boards to cover the pop top roof ‘ceiling’ area.
- Retrofitted Seatbelts throughout. 2X Front and 3X Rear.
- Narrow Weave kick panel, wheel arch and front carpet in biscuit style installed.
- Fire Extinguisher