The UK Sports Cars Showroom
1973 VW Bay Window Camper Van. Restored. Massive Specification. Brand new one-off bespoke Interior.
A very rare double door VW T2 Kombi Van built in June 1973 with a very interesting and detailed history of ownership dating right back. The bus was owned by a construction worker and originally used by him as a taxi to ferry people back and forth from the airport, collecting family and friends etc.
Many years later after the bus was sold on to a VW enthusiast in its completely original but somewhat tired condition where it was sent to a VW restoration company to be restored. It was stripped right back and all required metal work undertaken to bring the bus back to its former glory. The bus has recently been painted in its original single tone VW colour, Neptune Blue and looks glorious from every angle.
Rebuilt 1600cc engine that is believed to be the original unit to the vehicle. All brakes overhauled. All other mechanical components fully checked / reconditioned wherever necessary. It was very important to keep the exterior and mechanics of this bus stock so that it retains its original patina and charm. We have also decided to compliment this with a unique modern interior to allow the bus to be user friendly so that it can be used and shown off as we enter a more modern era of motoring!
This is the highest specification and our favourite that we have built to date and includes some of the following items:
- Amtico Signature flooring featuring premier polished chrome inlays throughout. This floor is unique to this bus and the only one of its kind!
- Bespoke cabinet in Light grey laminate featuring curved edges and a set in section one end. This has been a well thought out design to allow each sliding door when opened to offer different options for entertainment.
- Worktop in stunning satin black wood grain finish with curved Devon edging trim and black insert to retain period style features.
- Bespoke detachable island pedestal table to match. Stows behind bed frame when not in use.
- Waeco CRX50 fridge and flush mount frame surround kit supplied and installed. (The best camper van fridge of them all).
- CAN double gas burner / sink combo unit to sit in worktop above. (New unit for 2022)
- Full width Rusty Lee Rock n’ Roll bed in grey custom built with twin welded uprights for table storage.
- Flip down matching buddy seat to allow people to sit around the table.
- Curved bed skirting board to match cabinet. Recess pocket for table leg storage.
- Custom headliner trimmed in original style perforated off white vinyl on hard boards with neat edging trims.
- 6x cool white LED downlights offering superb lighting.
- Full curtain track set and custom two sided curtains with different fabrics either side. Black out lined to allow for full privacy and popper tie backs. Matching bolster and square cushions.
- Full upholstery throughout in Wolfsburg West original style reproduced salt & pepper vinyl featuring fluted inserts on bed cushions, front seats and door cards. Navy blue bolsters and fronts with matching piping to compliment. Absolutely no expense spared on this!
- RGBW LED Ambient lighting kit on recessed plinth for cabinet and bed skirting board with wireless remote and colour change wheel. This really does look the part and gives the interior a floating effect!
- 240v mains hookup kit supplied and installed including 1x brushed stainless 13a socket in bed skirting board.
- MPS35 adapter for fridge to allow automatic switch over for fridge power when connected to 240v.
- Leisure battery & high quality split charge relay kit. Internal 12v USB sockets.
- 2x 3 point Seat belts in front with central 2 point lap belt. Grey straps with original style chrome buckle and Wolfsburg Crest.
This bus is suitable for anyone looking to buy their first VW Camper or equally for a long time VW enthusiast looking to jump into a bus and be the very first person to use the brand new interior and enjoy everything that this beautiful historic vehicle has to offer. Comes with 12 months MOT.