The UK Sports Cars Showroom
1977 VW Bay Window Camper Van – Right Hand Drive – Sliding Ragtop Sunroof. Restored with brand new bespoke Interior Spring 2019
A lovely example that has been subject to a lot of restoration work. The body was stripped back to reveal any areas that required attention and all of the usual repair panels were replaced including new sills (inner and outer), wheel arches (inner and outer), doors, boot lid, engine lid etc. Any areas of rust found were cut out and replaced at the time before the bus was primed and freshly painted in stunning early VW style colour scheme, red and black. The black paint has been skilfully given a metal flake finish indicative of 1970’s styling / fashion that gives a lovely glisten in the sunshine and impresses folk wherever you take it!
The 2.0L air-cooled engine runs smoothly and the gear selection is positive and firm with the added benefit of an Empi quick shifter. New Twin Weber Carbs installed for added performance. You can really notice the difference in power with this add on. New front and rear shock absorbers. Dropped Spindles. Braking system overhauled. The bus has only covered few miles since the major work has been completed.
One of the key selling points has to be the stunning Paris sliding rag top sunroof, which is in virtually new condition. This is one of the best upgrades / features you can add to a Bay Window that slides all the way back allowing full light and fresh air capacity inside the bus making the entire driving experience more pleasurable.
As we specialise in bespoke interiors on these vehicles, we have decided to build a brand new interior for the bus, which is currently underway and will be completed fresh for Spring 2019
The interior will comprise of the following when complete,
• Full width Rock n’ Roll Bed (Supplied by Rusty Lee, renowned for being the best beds on the market)
• Curved oak veneered skirting board to sit flush with the bed frame.
• High gloss laminate flooring with aluminium edging trim.
• Matching Rusty Lee rear facing buddy seat
• Brand new bed and buddy seat upholstered cushions in cream vinyl with light red stitching and piping.
• Bespoke side facing cabinet built out of oak veneer with gloss white Formica doors and worktop. Complete with original 1960’s style Devon edging trim and insert.
• Sink / Gas Burner Unit.
• Bespoke circular table in matching white Formica.
• Dometic CRX50 Fridge (This item is not standard but can be added for additional cost)
This bus has had an enormous amount of money spent on parts and labour to ensure that it is ready to be driven and enjoyed. Brand new interior ready to be enjoyed for the first time by its new owner(s).