The UK Sports Cars Showroom
1977 VW T2 Bay Window Camper Van. Right Hand Drive. Walk Through. Lovely Specification and Interior.
A very desirable bus for the UK market in Right hand drive format. Furthermore, an Australian import meaning the bus has spent most of its life in a hot and dry climate attributing to the superb condition of the main shell and underside. This is also a desirable walk through bus meaning that you can move freely from the front to the rear of the vehicle without the need to exit.
Late bays benefitted from the uprated 2L engine producing 70BHP and fed by twin carburettors. Well known as the type 4 engine, this unit was reputable for being robust and durable in comparison to earlier Type 1 engines.
Other benefits include uprated front disc brakes, Empi quick shift gear linkage, Independent Rear Suspension, lights and chrome bumpers.
The bus has been restored and repainted in period pastel white and presents very well throughout. Large box file full of receipts of parts, MOTs and work carried out over the years.
High Spec camping interior featuring:
- ¾ Width Rock n Roll bed with curved frame.
- Edelweiss hard wearing lino flooring with rigid hard ply backing.
- Brand new upholstery throughout entire vehicle including 3 Piece Bed Cushion set, Front seats, Buddy seat and Door cards in deep red vinyl resplendent with cream piping and fluted embellishments.
- Custom cabinetry including main long side units with plenty of cupboards and drawers for storage.
- Flush mount Waeco CRX50 fridge unit. By far the best camping fridge available on the market.
- MPS35 adapter to allow fridge to work on dual voltage / automatically switch to 240v when connected to mains hookup.
- 240V mains hookup installed. 13a sockets under bed board.
- Leisure battery and split charge relay kit, allowing charging for both vehicle batteries with engine running.
- Rear facing buddy seat with additional storage, seat cushion and flip up side panel.
- Sound system with 2x 6×9 speakers in rear.
- Pedestal detachable island table system.
- Single gas burner / sink combo unit.
- New curtain set throughout in Polka dot red, black out lined with popper tie backs.
One of the finest and most practical classic VW campers you are likely to find. Comes with 12 months MOT even though no longer a legal requirement and fully checked, serviced and tested by ourselves as long standing VW Camper Specialists.